Thursday, February 09, 2006

Yo, so what I'm about

I can't help feeling like I'm trendy.

Nevertheless, not everything that "everybody is doing" is necessarily bad. I mean, hey, we're all souls determining our own matter and by the looks of it, these days I'm determing a lot more matter than in my younger years. But I digest. In an effort to battle that tendency in me to focus on the negative, to be a clanging cymbal (1 Cor 13:1) instead of a clashing one (Ps 150:5), I dedicate this page ad maiorem dei gloriam.

So even the simple realities-like the unity of body and soul-which I take for granted, I wish to showcase as meaningful. Heck, I even foresee a blog that is completely enamored by gravity. I mean, think about it. Here we are tied to the earth, contrary to the hopes and dreams of those who desire the gift of flight (or at least "momentum-propelled, low-gravity-type gliding") and yet a simple magnet can laugh in the face of gravity when it picks up a paper-clip. "Lucky!"

And yet, I reserve the right to "speak plainly" and use quotes "superfluously" and even express criticism against those things I feel may not be to my liking. But I detest.

Mostly I want to talk about the same stuff everyone else is talking about, but hopefully against this more noble background.

Here's to being trendy,
clashing symbol

6 comments:

lord_sebastian_flyte said...

Hi--good to see you're finally around. But I divest. Back to the "hi" bit--I meant by that to refer to your being high in the ranks of those that are making gravity trendy. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Welcome to the conversation.

M' Lady's Topsail said...

So, now you are one of US...how does it feel? :)
Good to have you on board!

Whiskey said...

It's a good thing your brother posted, or else I'd have been totally in the dark as to what was going on. Hello, friend.

Whiskey said...

By the way, I love the title of your blog!

Whiskey said...

What on earth is Sebastian doing posting at 6:20 AM?

Whiskey said...

Oh, I get it -- PST